Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Update on Tom's progress

Dear Friends and Family,
I just wanted to give you an update on Tom's progress after the second surgery.   He has been asleep most of the day but mainly because they gave him some phenergan this morning for nausea.  He has been able to sit up in a chair for about an hour and is now on Facebook doing some catching up.  The doctor said that everything went well.  He does have more tubes and IVs than before but hopefully some of those will come out tomorrow.  He said that the colostomy will have to stay in place at least 6 weeks in order for everything to heal properly.  

We truly appreciate all the calls, emails, texts, visits, cards and the other ways you have shown us how much you care.  God has provided for us at every turn, we truly believe this is all His plan.  If you have called or sent us a message and I haven't replied, I apologize.  There have been so many and if I miss them to begin with sometimes I don't see them or remember that I need to call you back.  I will try to get back to each of you as I can.  

Thanks again for your prayers!

P.S.  If you live in Shelbyville or will be in Shelbyville on or around the 4th, please buy Fireworks at the tent at Whiteside Market.  Zeke is helping out there!  He NEEDS the money!!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment