Friday, April 24, 2009

Feeling Thankful

After reading the 23rd Psalm yesterday and the 24th today, I have this overwhelming feeling of thankfulness. I know the Lord is my Shepherd and I shall not want and I know that the earth is His and the fullness thereof. My Father owns it all and he graciously shares it with me.

I've been touched by a number of people sending cards, emails, and Facebook messages of encouragement and prayers. I meet people everyday that say "you don't know how many people are praying for you". Daily I'm reminded that the number is huge and growing! All I know to do is be thankful. Thank each one of you. As Paul said "I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus".

God has gifted me with a great job and benefits that are meeting our needs through this period. He has given me such a supportive and caring group of people to work with. Things like this don't just happen, they are divinely arranged! For that I am so thankful.

I'm thankful for a godly daughter and son who edify me daily. At a time of transition in their lives when I should be helping them, they are stepping up and doing what needs to be done to make their move to TN happen. I so wanted to make one more cross country drive, but I don't guess they will need me to!

Most of all I am so thankful for a wife that exemplifies what Proverbs 31 says. Her worth is far above jewels! I really have the easy part in this cancer deal, I just have to get through the treatments. She has to do everything else. Jan has been such a support through this and I could not even begin to express what she means to me. We are closing in on 25 years of marriage this September, and we dated for 5 yrs before that. I must admit that at times I have taken her for granted and for that I am deeply sorry. All I can say is, as the writer of Proverbs 31 says, Jan "Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.......But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.......let her works praise her in the gates." Thank you Jan!

I'll close with this scripture:

Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thank you all and thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment