I just found this post that I never published. It was written in October. We just returned from Vegas on Saturday where we were able to visit the kids (and Hamlet!) and see so many friends that we miss terribly. It was a great trip and a great week of vacation!
The last day we were there, I woke up with this question on my mind. "Which is more important to you, your grocery list or your prayer list?" I know that God laid this question on my heart because I have been so obsessed with the food I am buying lately. Not the food itself but the type of food.
I am on a weight loss plan that requires a lot of changes in our diet and therefore a lot of change to our grocery list. It takes time to plan out the meals and then the list. I didn't realize how much time or effort I was putting into it until I woke up with that question on my mind.
I had gone to sleep thinking about a friend who was leaving for Thailand that day. I had told Hannah that I would pray for her. I should be diligently praying for our kids as they prepare to plant the church in Hilo. There is so very much to pray for there. There is so much to pray for everywhere, yet I am working on a grocery list. This was an terrible realization for me!
Yours may not be a grocery list. You may have a To-Do list, a Honey-Do list, a Bucket List or a list of any type but there is something that keeps you from your Prayer List too. Is it really that important? Hopefully, you will see as I have that it is not.
I have always struggled to "organize"my prayer life. I don't really know why I think God has to have my prayers organized. I think He is perfectly capable of sorting through my prayers in any order that I bring them to Him. I guess my point is that I had lost the realization of the importance of prayer. It is not that I didn't know it! My goodness I have watched God impact a whole city based of the prayers of one little lady! How many times have I heard, "we don't pray before we work, prayer is the work and then God works!" I walked through the culmination of those prayers this past week when I saw the new campus of Hope Church. This is not a new concept for me!
Sometimes God has to wake us up to get His point across. That is what I feel like He has done for me. I hope I get the point this time!
In Him,
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment