Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We just left our kids...

This is not a feel sorry for us type post.  This is not a bragging on our kids post (well maybe a little).  This is a "please don't miss God" post.  


We just arrived at home with from a day of packing and cleaning up our kids house for their move tomorrow.  If I told you that I (we) said our goodbyes with no tears I would be lying.  It takes an hour and 15 minutes to drive from Carthage and I cried most of the way back.  Not that I don't want my children to follow what God wants for them, I want nothing else but I know all the things we will miss now.  So basically I am being selfish.


What about the "things" we will miss?  Family dinners, birthdays, visiting on weekends, my granddog!  Yes, I will be sad about missing this "stuff".  I will cry and be sad and (sorry to my coworkers) but I will be terrible to be around some days because of some of this (that goes for Tom as well) but I would not trade this to make my children miss what God has in store for them!


Times like these make me look back at my life and wonder where I missed God.  Did I make the right choice at all the crossroads of life?  No, I know that I did not.  How can I be so sure of that?  You can't by dumb luck just hit on the right choices!  I know I didn't pray about ALL the choices so therefore I missed some of turns that God intended for me to take.  


Sometimes we allow others to talk us out of what God intends for us.  The next time you give someone your opinion, stop and think about whether or not you are influencing them FOR or AGAINST God.  As we have warned some friends who are considering going with Layne and Zeke to Hawaii, there are people that will say very hurtful things.  Decisions like these are very polarizing....and sometimes the people you think will support you are the very ones who say the most hurtful things.


Please don't miss God!  When He speaks, it is time to obey.  Not when you get it all together, not when you sell the house, not when the kids are grown, etc.  If you wait, not only are you disobedient but you will miss the blessing God intends for you.  Please don't miss God!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment